Location and Job Title:
Maintenance/custodian, Second shift, Full time
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
This position supports the work at the JCC, a leading nonprofit cultural, educational center offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. Including: cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
- Keeping the JCC clean and attractive by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintaining upkeep for assigned areas and equipment. Main responsibilities include wet mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Operating related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Record and report all needed repairs; perform repairs as directed.
- Make sure the JCC building and outdoor property is secure, constantly check for trash, any broken playground pieces and other duties during your shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replace soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- Setup and break down areas before and after meetings, events and other activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to erect, climb and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 20 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to the facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi - shoveling; carrying, working with tools,.
- Work as a team member as necessary to complete assignments.
$25,000 - $35,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.