Location and Job Title:
Member Engagement Specialist
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Member Engagement Specialist is responsible for the engagement of prospects and members throughout the member life cycle. The Member Engagement Specialist will provide excellent customer service to support the success of the Siegel JCC and uphold the mission and values of the organization.
- Membership Desk Coverage
- Includes greeting members, answering phones, facility visit reservations, processing guests and prospect information and other administrative tasks
- Serves as the membership liaison between leadership and members
- Provide Excellent Customer Service
- Prospective, New and Current Member Engagement
- Assist with conducting campus and membership tours
- Membership Management
- Answering membership questions including rates and promotions
- Reviewing new memberships including the application process
- Processing membership holds and cancellations
- Billing inquires and resolutions
- Processing annual & monthly membership renewals
- Participate in Membership Meetings, Open Houses, and other Siegel JCC events as needed
- Special projects and support cross functional initiatives as needed
- General education and/or 2 years office experience
- Basic computer skills:Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time
- Must be able to work as a part of a team
- Must be able to manage conflict situations
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems
- Must be able to communicate well in written communication and verbally
- Must be able to deal with occasional long days and nights
- Must be able to cope with potentially demanding members
- Must be able to handle emergency and crisis situations
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.