Location and Job Title:
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
To provide maintenance support for a pre-assigned area of the Center, ensuring our buildings, grounds, and equipment are maintained in a safe condition, are clean and aesthetically pleasing and equipment is maintained at peak operating efficiency and complies with all regulatory agencies, therefore, providing our members, visitors, and employees, a pleasant environment during their occupancy at our facilities.
- Inspects, cleans, maintains, installs, and repairs the systems and equipment as assigned.
- Support and participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of services provided.
- Keeps accurate, legible records of all work performed in accordance with the Support Services Department policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for maintaining the assigned duties in a safe, clean, organized, and aesthetically pleasing condition.
- Develop painting schedules and keeps accurate records as to status
- Assures that "Work Orders" are properly completed as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be flexible in hours worked.
- Completes and returns on time all PMS generated by COGZ computer system
- Meets all in-service education requirements.
- Is aware of and complies with all Center policies and procedures.
- Understands and complies with NFPA and OSHA procedures and regulations.
- Communicates and works directly with supervisory and management personnel, other staff on a daily bases to insure that an optimum business environment is provided.
- Maintains good public relations by responding professionally and promptly to needs, as described by your Supervisor.
- Demonstrates understanding and supports the Marcus Jewish Community Center philosophy.
- Must follow Standard Operating Procedures
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush job, or technological development).
- Stands or walks 80% of the workday.
- Near visual acuity is necessary for reading instructions and specifications.
- Talking and hearing is essential for communications.
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Climbs and balances on ladders to examine overhead equipment or piping for repairs or adjustments
- Bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, wrist/arm flexion is performed 30-70% of the workday.
The Maintenance/Painter is responsible to the Shift Supervisor who in turn is responsible to the who in turn is responsible to the Director of Facilities. A 90-day post employment evaluation may be conducted at the discretion of the Supervisor of Support Services. This determination shall be conducted at the discretion of the Supervisor of Support Services. This determination shall be made upon employment and written as part of the employee record.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must have 2 years of trade work related experience in one or more of the crafts found in our Center.
- Must have a working knowledge of electricity, plumbing, HVAC, and painting.
- Must possess good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Must have a good understanding of the duties, expectations and functions of the daily operations of the Center.
- Must possess reliable transportation.
- Must have a current, valid Georgia driver's license
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.