Location and Job Title:
Kingsbay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout the office.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms.
- Cleans and disinfects pantry area.
- Washes dishes, utensils, glasses.
- Wipes and dusts surfaces in rooms and cleans mirrors.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Stocks toiletries in bathrooms.
- Picks up and empties trash container
- Notifies maintenance if something is not working properly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of office staff.
- Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to complete work efficiently, effectively, and courteously.
Education and Experience:
- Education sufficient to read, write, and speak as needed for the job.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times.
At Kings Bay YM-YWHA, Inc./JCC Brooklyn we're looking for a PART-TIME Cleaner to join our team. We're looking for someone to work 1-2 hours a day Monday - Friday. This position will be located at our Windsor Terrace location. 1224 Prospect Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11218.
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn. From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.