Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Attendant
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches, Boynton Beach
8500 Jog Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33472
The Fitness Center Attendant is responsible for informing, educating, and motivating clients interested in achieving fitness goals, as well as, assisting with general operations of the facility and its programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests and members with the utmost level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center.
- Assist guests in obtaining information & conduct equipment orientations.
- Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance as required; maintain towel supply.
- Attend all scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired.
- Respond to calls, texts and/or emails in a timely manner.
- Operate and maintain fitness equipment and entertainment options on equipment.
- Promote all fitness programs, initiatives, contests, lectures, etc., to encourage participation and utilization of Agency programs
- Convey rules and regulations as set forth for the Fitness Center and the Mandel JCC Boynton Beach building.
- Perform other tasks necessary to fulfill job function and as assigned by Leadership.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent; college coursework in health and sport sciences a plus.
- Certification as a trainer or group fitness instructor a plus
- At least 1 years' experience in a fitness facility as a fitness instructor/floor attendant.
- Must have computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office programs.
- CPR/AED/FIRST AID certification required.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., and bend and/or lift heavier objects or equipment in the fitness facility.
- Ability to work as part of a team to include covering shifts when needed by other staff members.
- Ability to be able to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to deal with diverse population; understand the physiological and emotional needs of members who join and use the Mandel JCC Fitness Center.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding the use of variable resistance equipment, cardiovascular aerobic equipment and other exercise related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in fitness testing, evaluation and risk screening.
- Must enjoy working with teen through senior adult active membership.
- Personable, friendly and accessible for active membership.
- Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Hand / Finger Dexterity
- Voice / Speech
- Hearing (may utilize aid)
- Vision (may be corrected)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.