Location and Job Title:
Counselor, Distance Learning Coach
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
A counselor for the Alliance is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They are also responsible for the general safety, development, growth, and enjoyment of the participants in their group. Staff will be called upon to assist students with Distance Learning. This may include technology support, homework support, reading and writing support, and when necessary providing updates to parents.
- Supervise group of children, in structured and unstructured activities, acting as guardian, friend, and disciplinarian to all
- Set up, clean up and maintenance of all indoor and outdoor spaces and equipment
- Lead and assist in leading small and large group activities
- Serve as a role model for all children, acting properly while participating in all required activities with an enthusiastic attitude, including swimming, with the children
- Communicate regularly with the Director to ensure consistency
- Actively supervise and ensure camper safety at all times
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of children served
- Attend meetings, and trainings, as needed
- Demonstrated experience with the Alliance's core values and a clear commitment to them
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of elementary age children
- Strong oral communications skills
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple needs. Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Must have or willingness to obtain Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification
- Senior Counselor must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass criminal background check and TB (Tuberculosis) test clearance dated within the last 6 months
- Prior experience working with children in an organized setting preferred
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world.Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island.We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern.Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action.All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.