Location and Job Title:
Day Habilitation Program Assistant - Part Time (18 hours per week)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
The Day Habilitation Program Assistant will work alongside of a program leader with a group of adults having special needs in a dynamic community center setting. The program assistant will help to implement a schedule of activities at the JCC while serving as a role model and motivating participants to engage in both the activities and with their peers to strengthen their social and life experiences. This includes but is not limited to assisting participants in program activities, facilitation of appropriate social interactions, and primarily keeping each participant safe throughout the day. Supervised directly by the Group Leader, program director and assistant director.
- Assist in implementation of activities such as social games, gym activities, swimming, group discussions, lunch, etc.
- Supervision in family locker rooms before and after swim.
- Maintain an effective system of group management that encourages participants to have appropriate interactions with peers and work towards individual outcomes.
- Communicate regularly with the Group Leader, Director and Assistant Director of Special Needs Services regarding participant issues and needs for materials and supplies to support the activities.
- Assist in daily documentation regarding how participants are working towards their individualized goals through online software.
- Report ALL illnesses or injuries to the Group Leader.
- Escort groups to and from activities throughout the building and on trips.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend, participate and complete required staff trainings that will be offered throughout the year.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must have at least 2 years' experience working with adults with disabilities.
- Must be able to work promptly and regularly 9:00am-2:00pm Monday, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Must complete initial online trainings within first 30 days of hire, with subsequent trainings to follow. These trainings will be paid.
- Various safety checks including but not limited to drug testing, fingerprinting, CARI, Central Registry and both Medicaid and NJ Treasury database checks will be conducted.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without
regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital
status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.