Location and Job Title:
Youth & Teen Services Director
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
JOB TITLE: Youth & Teen Services Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood
OVERVIEW: The Youth & Teen Services Director position creates the department vision with the Youth & Teen Services Committee. This position is responsible for providing overall professional planning, direction, supervision, and administration of the Youth & Teen Services department of the JCC. This position is classified as Exempt and offers a benefits package. The Jewish Community Center is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Develop and implement ongoing programs, classes, and events for children (K-6) and teens (7-12).
- Overall responsibility for planning, hiring, supervising and coordination of JCC youth afterschool program (JACK)
- Plan afternoon, weeknight, and weekend programs for children (K-6) and teens (7-12).
- Organize and implement vacation programs for youth.
- Create trips and special events for families.
- Coordinate special events appropriate for the department (e.g. Hanukkah, Purim, Passover, etc.).
- Work with area youth groups to develop an ongoing teen program at the JCC.
- Recruit and supervise part-time staff for classes and programs.
- Provide and encourage use of program resources.
- Prepare purchase orders and monitor Youth Department budget.
- Process payroll, etc.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, food, etc.
- Coordinate room scheduling and maintenance set-ups.
- Publicize classes, programs, vacation programs and events.
- Submit appropriate information for Total J, email blast and other marketing materials.
- Demonstrate passion and knowledge of social media.
- Serve as Teen Travel Camp Director.
- Provide support for camp assignments.
- Work with overall Camp Director on matters pertaining to Teen Travel Camp
JCC Maccabi Games:
- Assist in direct service oversight for all components of JCC Maccabi Games.
- Assist in the creation of the marketing strategy for JCC Maccabi Games program in cooperation with JCC's Marketing Department and lead JCC Maccabi Delegation Head including printed promotion materials as well as internet advertisements.
- Serve as a JCC Maccabi Games Assistant Delegation head. Assist in interviewing, hiring, training and supervision of volunteer coaches, and assistant delegation heads. Assist in training coaches and assistant delegation heads to work appropriately with program participants to provide a safe and secure program, to maintain good sportsmanship and understand the mission and values of the JCC Maccabi Games Program.
- Assist in developing, monitoring, and reconciling budgets for JCC Maccabi games including travel expenses, uniforms.
- Submit paperwork such as payment information forms and purchase orders in a timely manner for the JCC Maccabi Games program.
- Ensure that payments and forms arrive to the JCCA based on imposed deadlines.
- Work with Youth & Teen Services lay committee.
- Collaborate with other committees concerning joint family programming.
- Attend supervisory conferences with Director of Early Childhood.
- Camp Director / Jewish Life and Learning
- Area youth group professionals
- Marketing Director
- HPER staff (for camp & classes)
- Share a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the JCC.
- Keep supervisor abreast of all necessary information including but not limited to customer and staff complaints and incidents.
- Answer and direct incoming calls. Ability to remain pleasant under stress, excellent customer service skills.
- Accept responsibilities as delegated by supervisor.
- Excellent written and oral communication is necessary to support JCC endeavors.
- Ability to multitask in order to organize incoming and outgoing communications. Ability to understand the relationship of information and its effect throughout all processes and programs; to be proactive and utilize appropriate levels of initiative
- Communicate with identified Lay leadership at request of supervisor.
- Assist with providing a safe and secure environment for all members and guests; if any facility problems arise, notify facilities manager to make sure that the facility (truck and trailer) is clean, equipment is in proper working order and safe and secure for members and staff. Coordinate any repair or maintenance needs with facility staff.
- Able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have a proven track record of utilizing good judgment and decision-making skills to be able to work independently.
- Participate in Staff meetings and functions.
- Be able to use Thinsoft for inquiries, checking and printing rosters and understanding member status.
- Greet members and guests, be concerned with their problems, and guide them to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Understand and implement JCC philosophies, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor(s).
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented and well organized, with ability to plan projects, activities and schedule several months in advance.
- Strong Jewish background.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- This position requires independent judgment, initiative, and advanced administrative skills.
- The person in the position should be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and staff.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Experience working with this age group.
45,000 - 55,000
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.