Location and Job Title:
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
Camp Seneca Lake, the Jewish Community Center's overnight summer camp, in Penn Yan in the Finger Lakes has immediate opportunities for Full Time Maintenance staff.
We are looking for positive role models who enjoy working outdoors and indoors to assist the Camp Seneca Facilities Director.
The Full Time Maintenance Staff Member will be performing both indoor and outdoor work duties to provide a healthy and safe environment for our (158 campers) during the camp season.
The primary job functions of the Maintenance Staff Member are as follows:
- General upkeep of cabins and camp buildings
- Assist in moving furniture including tents.
- Sweeping, and vacuuming of cabins and camp buildings.
- Cleaning restrooms.
- Trash pick-up and disposal
- Basic lawn maintenance including mowing and weed whacking.
- Cleaning and shutting down camp in September.
- Assist in moving furniture to storage
- Six months maintenance or housekeeping experience required.
- Operating lawn mowing equipment experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs.
- Dress code to include appropriate work attire for being in the sun or rain and in a variety of temperatures. Foot wear will be closed toed sneakers or hiking boots because of the equipment being used and walking over uneven terrain during the day.
- Complimentary JCC Membership included.
- Pay: $12.50-13.00 per hour
- (40) hours day shift, any weekdays or weekends. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Work Schedule: 5/3/21 - 10/1/21.
- Possible hours after September.
- September hours can be flexible as part or full time.
Camp Seneca Lake has provided children entering grades 3-11 with over 90 summers of fun, friends and cherished memories. Our 200 beautiful wooded acres in the Finger Lakes region of New York State provide the ideal backdrop for camp.