You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Deenah Hettle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record and post journal entries into the general ledger.
- Conduct reconciliation of accounts on an as needed basis.
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including setting up new vendors, reviewing invoices, obtaining proper coding and approvals, and processing payments.
- Handle vendor calls and inquiries, identify and communicate issues to ensure the timeliness of payments and avoid late fees or other potential problems.
- Maintain the accounts payable filing system.
- Provide support for accounts receivable functions including cash receipts/deposits, collections and revenue recognition.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close processes, including journal entries.
- Assist with coordinating annual external auditors to ensure that the information is timely and accurate.
- Participate in the development and improvement of accounting procedures and fiscal policies.
- Perform other fiscal duties/projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Minimum Education/Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline or Associates degree with 3-5 years of experience in accounting role.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that JCC finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Core Values.
- Develop an organized filing system that enables others to access necessary files in case of your absence
$35,000 - $45,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming