Location and Job Title:
EARLY CHILDHOOD PRESCHOOL SUMMER CAMP TEACHER/ASSISTANT TEACHER
I.J. & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
2 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Are you passionate about teaching
young children? Would you love a work environment that is positive and
energetic? A place where your time, enthusiasm, and skills are appreciated? The
Early Childhood Center is now hiring for full-time and part-time teachers in
our Preschool program. Our classrooms are developmentally appropriate learning
environments accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young
- Minimum education requirement as teacher: Associate's or
Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Child and
Family Studies, or related field with ECE coursework. Available 40 hours per week, during
the hours of 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- Experience working with 18-months-old to five-year-old children
developmentally appropriate practice
- Special skills: Sincerely enjoy and value children and their education
- Physical Requirements: Toddlers are very active. To teach toddlers effectively and keep them safe, the teacher must be physically able to keep up with children.
- Be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds: Move a child during an emergency; lift/carry child if needed.
- Be able to run: Reach a child quickly / protect a child during an emergency; participate in physical play with children to keep them engaged.
- Be able to sit on the floor: Young children play on the floor. Teachers must be able to interact with children on their level. Because young children explore and change activities frequently, teachers must be physically able to get off the floor and sit back down easily.
25,000 - 35,000
Benefits may include:
JCC Family Membership
Program discounts, including an ECC/Camp K'Ton Ton tuition discount
Paid planning time, staff meetings, and events
Professional development funds
403B retirement plan