Location and Job Title:
Julius B. Kuriansky Fitness Center, Director
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford JCC is looking for a motivated individual to lead our Fitness Center Team to new heights. The Director is responsible for meeting personal training sales goals, member engagement, and the development and implementation of: Personal Training Schedules, Floor Staff Schedules, Group Exercise offerings and new/existing Member Engagement, daily upkeep, maintenance and function of the fitness center. The Director is the key agent and leading factor in our pursuit to offer premiere customer service. It is our goal to achieve and maintain excellence in this area.
The Director will be able to augment their compensation through Personal Training.
- Interviewing, hiring and training personal trainers
- Meet sales and training goals
- Adhere to policies and procedures, assigning and directing work
- Make welcome calls to all new members on a daily basis
- Develop and implement ongoing member engagement program
- Input into appraising performance, addressing complaints and problem solving
- Develop and implement group exercise and floor attendant schedules and administer bi monthly payroll for all team members
- Tracking Key Performance Indices (KPI) for departments and creating action plans to improve KPIs.
- Reviewing and analyzing profit and loss statements and other daily reporting to ensure Fitness Center is on track to meet revenue and expense goals.
- Effectively managing costs of labor, supplies, and equipment.
- Initial individual training target set at 15 hours per week
- Certification by a nationally accredited organization required, NASM, ACE or ACSM.
- At least 3 years personal training experience
- Current CPR/AED
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Exceptional communication skills
Stamford Jewish Community Center: 1035 Newfield Ave Stamford, CT 06905