Location and Job Title:
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, Swim Instructors plan and teach water safety and proper swimming techniques to a diverse range of participants in group and private settings.
- Prepare and deliver technical guidance, age-appropriate and skill-focused group and private swim lessons based upon participant abilities.
- Arrive prepared to all sessions.
- Work collaboratively with participants and aquatics staff to ensure a positive and friendly environment with encouragement, goal-setting, and positive reinforcement.
- Provide excellent customer service and interact with parents when appropriate. Receive and respond to questions, concerns, and complaints form patrons; determine issues and resolve or refer to higher-level staff as appropriate.
- Evaluate participant progress and complete progress reports as needed.
- Ensure the safety of all participants.
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans.
- Enforce all facility policies, rules, and regulations.
- Attend in-service trainings and meetings when necessary.
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience with competitive swimming and/or teaching swim lessons.
- American Red Cross WSI certification preferred.
- Certification in Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/First Aid through the American Red Cross or Ellis & Associates preferred.
- Knowledge of stroke mechanics and swimming skills.
- Ability to teach swimming to a wide variety of age groups and skill levels.
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and willing to seek assistance in solving problems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with children of all ages and their parents.
- Must be able to work as a team and manage conflict situations.
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.