Location and Job Title:
Driver with CDL
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Under the supervision of the Department Supervisor, will operate a bus carrying up to 18 passengers while maintaining safe and on-time transportation throughout Bergen County.
- CDL and clean driving record required.
- Transport seniors and individuals with disabilities to and from locations.
- Comply with all road and safety regulations; report any traffic violations immediately; immediately report all incidents/ accidents to your supervisor.
- Operate wheelchair lift-equipped vehicles in a safe manner and in accordance with traffic regulations.
- Use ramps as required allowing access/egress to the vehicle by disadvantaged (elderly/disabled) or mobility impaired clients.
- Route daily trips in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Inspect vehicle to ensure that it is clean and in operable condition; completes inspection paperwork/checklist; reports the need for service or repair; ensures the vehicle is scheduled for routine maintenance as required.
- Carry out walk-around checks on the bus and complete a pre-inspection report.
- Ensure the cab area of the bus is kept free of clutter at all times.
- Washes the exterior and cleans the interior of the vehicle; fuels the vehicle.
- Knowledge of all laws, rules, and regulations for operating a motor vehicle in the state of New Jersey
CUSTOMER SERVICE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Provide a high standard of customer service: treat clients, colleagues (and anyone else you come in to contact with while representing the organization) in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be punctual with an emphasis on your attendance.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts with supervisor
- Communicates any client welfare concerns or unusual circumstances to supervisor.
- Represents the Organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
- Position requires independent judgment, patient demeanor, initiative, maturity, awareness, excellent communication skills, and sensitivity to the needs of others.
25,000 - 35,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)