Location and Job Title:
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
We are seeking a talented, creative and detail-oriented Graphic Designer to join the Shalom Austin Marketing & Communications team. You will be part of a dynamic, talented, passionate group of marketers and storytellers. You will be creating and designing assets that tell our story, support our visual brand and connect with our audience for various departments of Shalom Austin including, but not limited to, Youth & Teen, JCC Health & Wellness and membership. This person also oversees the production of Shalom Austin's quarterly newspaper The Jewish Outlook.
This position reports into the Senior Marketing & Communications Director.
This is a FULL-TIME, SALARY position.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the marketing team to design and produce printed collateral including brochures, posters, annual reports, one-pagers, mailers, signage, apparel and more.
- Work with the marketing team to design and produce digital content including website banners and images, email graphics, social media graphics, video assets and more.
- Conceptualize visual designs based on project goals and requirements.
- Oversee the design and production of The Jewish Outlook newspaper, published four times per year.
- Work with the marketing team to maintain and evolve the Shalom Austin WordPress website including building, designing and updating webpages.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and maintain brand identity throughout all marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with print vendors and oversee the production and quality of all materials produced.
- Work with the marketing team and program partners to design apparel and merchandise that best represents the brand.
- Help build and manage the photo and video library in coordination with the marketing team.
- Keep the Shalom Austin brand style guide up to date.
- Other design projects as needed.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in graphic design, design or art preferred (extensive experience in the field may also be acceptable)
- 3+ years of graphic design experience
- Experience in multipage layout and commercial printing
- Experience in WordPress
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Understanding of design fundamentals - typography, layout, color, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office
- Familiarity with best practices in website and email design across all devices
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Experience with both print and digital media
- Familiarity with the Austin Jewish community a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
- Goal-oriented and a strong work ethic
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
Our great benefits:
- We'll pay you an ANNUAL salary of $45,000-$49,000, based on experience.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 18 days of paid time off, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- Professional development opportunities
What we care about:
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming and diverse workplace for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and required for all employees and independent contractors.
Shalom Austin Core Values:
- UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.?
- EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual?improvement,?and you consistently set new standards for success.?
- RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity, and responsibility.?
- CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.?
- INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.?
- KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.??
The Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center (JCC) is one of the four branches of Shalom Austin. The JCC is your place to connect with the community, build friendships, improve physical fitness and overall wellness, and attend programs with family and friends. The "J" is open to all. It welcomes and respects people of all ages, fitness levels, interests and religions.
Located on the lush 40-acres of the Dell Jewish Community Campus, JCC members enjoy full access to the Sports & Fitness Complex, including the fitness center, free-weights room, full court gymnasium, aquatics center, tennis center and nature trail. Membership includes a variety of free in-person and online group fitness classes, access to youth and family programming, Early Childhood Program preschool, and after school activities. Members may also take advantage of early registration and discounts on programs and events such as summer camp (JCamps), enrichment classes, adult programming and more. The Jewish Community Center serves as the main programming division of the Jewish Community Association of Austin. The key programming areas under the JCC umbrella include Early Childhood, Sports & Fitness, Youth & Teen Services, and Jewish cultural and educational programs. JCC members enjoy full access to our outstanding Sports & Fitness facilities and also receive discounts on JCC programming such as JCC Camps, enrichment classes, special cultural events, and more. The JCC is a beneficiary of the Jewish Federation of Greater Austin Annual Campaign.