Location and Job Title:
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Inspired by the work we do every day, the JCC is an organization centered by Jewish values and focused on creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to enrich, connect, and positively impact our community.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
We value all members of our team in a supportive environment in which everyone is treated with appreciation and respect and positioned to do their best work every day.
Instructors have a variety of job functions including, but not limited to, successfully leading a class through appropriately designed routines, with proper music selection to enhance overall fitness, strength, and endurance, while ensuring the safety of the members. Recording attendance is considered an after-class duty.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Teaching Yoga Classes: The primary responsibility of a yoga instructor is to lead yoga classes. This involves guiding students through various yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation practices.
- Creating Lesson Plans: Yoga instructors typically plan and structure their classes in advance. They design sequences of asanas that cater to the needs and abilities of their students, keeping in mind factors like skill level, physical limitations, and the style of yoga being taught.
- Demonstrating Poses: Instructors must demonstrate proper alignment and technique for each pose to help students understand and execute them correctly.
- Providing Modifications: A crucial aspect of a yoga instructor's job is to offer modifications or alternatives for poses to accommodate students of diverse ages with different skill levels or physical conditions.
- Assisting and Correcting: During class, instructors should circulate among students to provide verbal or, with permission from the member, hands-on adjustments, alignment corrections, and encouragement to help students improve their practice and prevent injuries.
- Safety and Injury Prevention: Ensuring the safety of students is paramount. Instructors should be knowledgeable about common injuries and how to prevent them during yoga practice.
- Maintaining a Clean and Safe Environment: Instructors are responsible for maintaining a clean and safe practice space. Returning yoga accessories neatly to their proper storage units.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training (RYT)
- Adult CPR/AED Certification (Training will be provided through the JCC if needed)
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment may be fast paced and requires interaction with members and fellow instructors. The workspace may be noisy, at times.
$35-$50 per hour
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.