Location and Job Title:
Arts & Culture Manager
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a high-energy individual to be the Arts & Culture Manager at our JCC in South Florida. The Arts & Culture Manager will have the opportunity to set the vision and operational plan for the Mandel JCC Cultural Arts programs. The Manager will be empowered to make decisions that blend and balance mission fulfillment, community demand for entertainment/learning opportunities and financial sustainability. The role's day-to-day responsibilities are to manage regular, ongoing department needs, which includes oversight of year-round book festival events, The Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival, and ad-hoc cultural arts programming.
- Manage all elements of the Mandel JCC Book Festival and The Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival including the curation, development and coordination of high quality events and programs;
- Negotiate, prepare, administer and monitor contracts and agreements with book publishers, speakers, agents, authors and others involved in the delivery of adult cultural arts programs and activities;
- Manage both the book festival and film festival committees and recruit new volunteers that represent new programmatic elements of the department;
- Responsible for the logistical details of the Arts & Culture program, guest hospitality (airfare, hotel reservations, local transportation) and vendor relations and management, at the JCC for all events throughout the year as well as much of the daily operations:
- Answer phone calls and provide exemplary customer service to current, past and potential members;
- Renew existing and past members, encouraging the value of upgrading to higher levels;
- Prepare materials as needed for events and handle preparations for volunteer materials for events; Ensure event location (e.g., JCC locations, venue) has appropriate marketing materials for upcoming events; assist with film traffic and marketing material delivery for film and book events;
- Research, engage and confirm all vendors for every Arts and Culture program/event at the J;
- Handle volunteer confirmations for film festival on a daily basis;
- Handle high-end Film and Literary Society Member reservations for events;
- Research new and possible venues for events;
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of the department budget;
- Prepare and present department and program reporting on an ongoing basis;
- Work with Development to identify potential corporate sponsors for the department and provide information on programming impact for existing sponsors;
- Develop and deepen partnerships with Jewish and secular arts and culture stakeholders with an interest in serving the Jewish community;
- Coordinate cultural arts programming and activities with other JCC departments as well as outside agencies;
- Serve as the spokesperson for all arts and culture programs at the Mandel JCC, and represent Mandel JCC in discussions on arts and culture (literary and film);
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- You're an experienced cultural arts programmer and enthusiast - you have at least three years working in cultural arts or related program development; knowledge of local arts community a plus;
- You have two or more years of managerial experience;
- You have a demonstrable knowledge of, or strong interest in learning, Jewish history, tradition, culture;
- You're a people-person - you're approachable, a good listener, and empathetic; you have extraordinary customer service skills, a great attitude and desire to help others achieve their goals;
- You're comfortable cold calling prospects;
- You're a compelling writer; you are skilled at, and enjoy, writing and putting together direct and indirect solicitation materials;
- You're a team player - you display professionalism, strong communication skills and enjoy interfacing with varying levels of professionals and doing outreach/networking across diverse cultural and ethnic groups;
- You're flexible - you're open to the work hours and work location (i.e., Boynton Beach or Palm Beach Gardens campus) needed by the business, including evenings and weekend events as needed;
- You're a productive, engaged multi-tasker - you know how to prioritize, work efficiently, effectively and independently to manage multiple projects and competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment;
- You're a relationship builder - you'll work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, board members, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- You're driven by the JCC mission of building community and enhancing connection to Jewish life!
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
45,000 - 55,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, healthcare plans and a generous staff discount on JCC programs underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- Pet Discount Program
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs