Location and Job Title:
Toddler Lead Teacher
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
KinderPlace Early Childhood Educators are part of a dynamic team of professionals possessing the knowledge, education and desire to support children and families as we grow and learn together.
Our Early Childhood Educators value each child and family as individuals. They have the educational qualifications, temperament, and professional commitment necessary to support children and their families as they learn and develop. Educators have a strong commitment to continued learning and professional development. Educators work together with their team to develop, implement, and evaluate the classroom pedagogy, to provide a quality educational program reflecting the goals and values of the school. Educators monitor the development and learning of the children and partner with families in sharing this information.
We are a developmentally based, Reggio Emilia inspired, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on values and traditions. Every classroom both indoors and outdoors utilizes a play-based and project learning approach in creating and implementing activities and learning experiences that promote constructive learning. Every Educator brings a unique perspective to our program and is a valued member of our Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Psychology, or Sociology; Or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development is preferred
- Or Child Developmental Associate Credential (CDA).Or a minimum of 3 years of classroom experience. who do not hold these
credentials may be asked to pursue education in the field of education or a
related field and meet Connecticut Office of Early Childhood requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center.
- CPR and First Aid, Administration of Medication and Epi-Pen certification or willingness to acquire it.
- Strong English communication skills: oral, reading and writing.
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom.
- Ability to work in a teaching team.
- Ability to relate to young children and adults in an emotionally responsive manner.
- Ability to be sensitive to individual children and their unique perspectives and needs, and be willing to adjust the program to meet those individual needs.
- Competent in various skill areas such as planning, scheduling, record keeping, classroom environmental design and arrangement, classroom management, physical safety of children, and staff and parent communication.
- Be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education, including collaboration with specialists and consultants and other educators
- Ability to work in a team environment; willing to collaborate with colleagues and members of the community.
- Ability to actively participate in children's play and care including frequent reaching, running, and sitting on the floor and in small
$35,000 - $45,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.