Location and Job Title:
Membership Sales Associate
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
Please apply externally at https://www.benderjccgw.org/about-us/jobs/
About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) - We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) - We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) - We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) - We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (B'yachad) - We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh v'HaGuf) - We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) - We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
Our member sales associates are responsible for developing leads for prospective members, providing information to prospective members, and enrolling new members. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of new and existing members.
- Actively develop leads for prospective members and follow-up with prospective members.
- Respond to CRM case, email, web, and telephone membership inquiries. Book appointments fo.r visitors to tour the building and learn about new organization wide experiences
- Provide prospective members with an enthusiastic and informative tour of the Center that illustrates how all aspects of the Center can meet their needs.
- Empower and educate prospective members on the benefits of the different opportunities awaiting them at the organization.
- Present approved membership options and prices to prospective members.
- Complete and process all membership paperwork for new members, including application, security photo, fobs, and portal account access.
- Assist in planning and staffing member acquisition and engagement events lead by the Membership department as required by the Director of Membership and Guest Services.
- Offsite travel to represent the organization at community/county fairs, festivals, and town halls to foster awareness.
- Make follow up calls to all prospective members to confirm appointments, for those that did not show for appointments and for those that enrolled.
- Follow-up with new members to increase engagement with the Center and checking usage in the first 30 days of membership.
- Process transactions as required.
- Input existing membership changes (payment information, freezes, cancellations, upgrades/downgrades) via a case for processing.
- Educate new members on the use of the community portal.
- Scan and upload documents as per the approved procedure.
- Assist with the distribution of passes, fliers, and other materials to create traffic flow of prospective members.
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals outside of the organization.
- Attend required meetings, trainings, and other scheduled activities.
- Work together with all departments as a team.
- Cover Member Services as needed.
- A self-starter. You are not afraid of ambiguity. You understand that it is your job to create the clarity you seek and you relish making order out of chaos.
- Passionate about the work. You are motivated by the mission of the Bender JCC and you have a deep connection and desire for this work to exist in the world.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Supportive. You want the best for those around you and are excited about their accomplishments. You work to create a supportive environment to help colleagues and members thrive.
- Innovative and grounded. You love trying new things and devising creative solutions to persistent problems. Most importantly, you know how to make it happen.
- Collaborative. You enjoy learning from and with talented colleagues and are excited to be part of the success of the Bender JCC.
- Open to feedback. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, using feedback as an opportunity for professional development.
- Communicative. You engage in and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Organized. You are able to handle multiple tasks and show a high level of attention to detail in your work.
- Flexible. You're comfortable with change in your work environment and schedule.
You should have:
- High School Diploma required, Associate or College degree preferred
- Computer proficiency, within a business environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- CRM experience
- LinkedIn Profile
- Access to reliable transportation
- Access to smart mobile phone
- Ability to work weekends and alternate evenings
- Required COVID-19 vaccination
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate of $17-19 per hour plus commissions, commensurate with experience. The Bender JCC provides a benefits package that includes 403b, medical, dental, and vision benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and a flexible working environment. You'll also receive a full family membership to the Bender JCC, including complete access to the entire fitness facility and pools, plus staff discounts on programs and services.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! The Bender JCC is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.