Location and Job Title:
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
The Michael-Ann Russell JCC is seeking highly motivated individuals for after-school counselor positions.
- Works directly with an assigned group of children as the group's leader.
- Following a daily schedule
- Actively participate in activities
- Assisting with homework for K-5th grade
- Maintain positive working relationship with co-counselor.
- Assist administrators with activities, including maintaining control, safety and healthy of the participants.
- Handle child to child problems.
- Arrive at afternoon no later than 1:00 p.m.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times.
- Incorporate Jewish values and ethics and provide safety in all activities.
- Abide by all policies, standards and objectives of the MARJCC and the After-School Program, including but not limited to our policies of no smoking, no alcohol and no drugs.
- Program run for 4 hours a day starting as early as1pm.
- Program runs M-F on regular days of school and also when school is out by offering mini camps from 9am to 6pm
Staff should posses:
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Skills and energy to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to serve as a role model
- Experience and competencies in working in a multicultural environment
- Minimum age requirement of 16 years
- Current HS student or beyond
- Minimum 1 year working with school age children
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and fosters the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its individual members through all of life's stages and circumstances.