Location and Job Title:
Assistant Director, Dance & Performing Arts
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Assistant Director of Dance and Performing Arts is an administrative and direct service position responsible for supporting the development and implementation of all Dance and Performing Arts integrated curriculum, programming, and performances/presentations. This position will also include developing and co-directing the Jr. Dance Company and aiding the development of future additional Performance programs for children, teens, and adults. Applicants must have a passion for working with children, with strong skills in choreography and direction.
- 20 direct service hours (teaching, coaching, rehearsing, directing) a week
- Co-direct, choreograph, and lead rehearsals for the Jr. Dance Company
- Assist in overseeing operations for performing arts programs, including enrichment classes, camps, clinics, workshops, recitals, performances, and productions.
- Coordinate and lead projects in support of the function and accessibility of the Performing Arts department
- Choreograph and teach original material for dance productions & Jr. Company performances.
- Assist the Director of Performing Arts with special tasks in support of upcoming productions, Recitals, and Special Events
- Attend all Performing Arts staff meetings and Events
- Collect content for posts on social media
- Assist active promoting & recruiting of programs, and interfacing with parents and families
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Performing Arts, Senior Director of Programming, and JCC CEO
- Workdays would include at least one weekend day weekly. (Ex: Tuesday - Saturday workday week) during the school year season. Summer schedule would switch to a Monday - Friday schedule, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- A minimum of one year of successful teaching experience in the performing arts, or experience student teaching in a university.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred, or 3+ years of professional experience
- A strong background in dance technique, 10+ years of training
- Required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as events require
- Must be detail oriented with a methodical approach to work
- Excellent skills in communication and collaborating with other staff and students.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management, families and external contacts
- Must be proficient in a multitude of dance and theatrical techniques; including but not limited to some of the following: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary. Additional knowledge or talents appreciated.
$45,000 - $55,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.