Location and Job Title:
Technical Support Technician
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Position Reports to: Project Coordinator & Helpdesk Manager
Status: Exempt/40 hours per week
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA) is among the largest Jewish community centers in the world! The MJCCA is a thriving, dynamic, ever changing organization serving over 60,000 people each year. The MJCCA's modern, multi-purpose Zaban Campus sits on 52 acres in Dunwoody where people across all generations participate in every possible kind of program that helps people meet their newest lifelong friends, learn new skills and enhance their overall quality of life.
If you join our 500 full- and part-time family of staff members, you will be part of an amazing agency that has been voted as a Top 100 Workplace for 8 years in a row.
The Technical Support Technician will be responsible for maintaining a smooth and efficient workflow within the IT Helpdesk and IT Administrative environment. The Tier 1 Helpdesk Support Technician will be the first point of contact for resolving technical issues and IT change requests. The position also serves as a guarantor of satisfactory follow-through, status updates and closure for issues requiring escalation to system administrators, technicians, IT management or outside contractors.
- Gather info on new tickets and either resolve or escalate and schedule with an available technician.
- Monitor technician calendars throughout the day and keep all tickets on schedule or reschedule with users based on shifting priorities and update ETAs as required.
- Follow up on unresolved jobs & close resolved or superseded tickets.
- Report status to users or requesters related to ongoing issues.
- Check inventory levels of consumables / reorder.
- Check Mac Computer Lab for issues / tidiness / software updates.
- Allocate print costs and cell phone costs to departments
- Set up projectors / laptops etc.
- Supply keyboards / mice /power strips/ Ethernet cables/ iPhone charger(s) / flash drives for walk-ups.
- Install and manage desktop software.
- Provide first level support for Microsoft Office 365 applications and other business applications.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Assist in various systems and network administration tasks as directed.
- Track and submit invoices for IT expenses, and manage vendor relationships with service providers, telco carriers, etc.
- Reconcile IT credit card.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn new technology skills and assume responsibility; seeks out and accepts increased responsibility; displays a "can do" approach to work.
- Rotating on-call schedule.
- May require light travel to associated locations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Core knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Core knowledge of desktop/laptop hardware. CompTIA A+ Certified preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac OS.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Friendly and professional demeanor coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete specific tasks and meet inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to reliably and consistently show up to work on time.
- Ability to move or lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Aptitude in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
45,000 - 55,000
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.