Location and Job Title:
All Day at the J Pod Leader
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $15.00-$17.00 per hour / Full-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
The primary goal of a Pod Leader is to support a small group as they navigate their online learning platforms from the public or private school that they currently are enrolled in. Paired with another staff member, the Pod Leader will be responsible for maintaining the classroom schedule, providing individual assistance to students, and helping provide a nurturing environment to students. The Pod Leader will also be responsible for implementing safe/age appropriate recreational and enrichment activities to program participates.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- FREE JCC Membership and discounts
- and MORE!
- 18+ years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Classroom experience is recommend but not required.
- Proficient experience with general technological platforms.
- Proficient with basic office/classroom equipment including, but not limited to, copier, computer, phones, walkie talkie, and digital camera.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Must move easily around the classroom, playground, gymnasium, building, deck, swimming pool, and far field.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. May be necessary, in emergency or other situations, to pick up a 45 pound child.
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
25,000 - 35,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.