Location and Job Title:
5625 Arlington Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
Per session: $15
Reports to: Aquatics Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, the lifeguard is responsible for the safety, cleanliness, and operation of the swimming
pool during operating hours. The primary function of the lifeguard will be to safeguard the health and safety of members, class
participants, and guests.
- Embody an outgoing and enthusiastic personality at all times.
- Strong customer service while enforcing all policies and procedures
- Maintain safe and orderly exercise environment for all members
- Reports to work in uniform a minimum of ten minutes prior to the assigned shift in order to receive communications and instructions from
supervisor or previous lifeguard.
- Responsible for chemical reading of pool conditions according to bathing code. Adjusts pool as
- Responsible for the upkeep of the pool area and equipment and notifying the supervisor of any needed repairs or adjustments. May
perform needed repairs as qualified
- Sitting or standing during their entire shift of work.
- Exposure to some chemicals; hot humid environment
- Maintaining current lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid certifications.
- Being familiar with the Emergency Action Plan for the Facility
- Participating in continuing education activities through both internal and external sessions to promote an on-going development of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for lifeguards.
- Physical effort required for daily duties includes lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing/walking.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up 50+ pounds
The Riverdale Y is a 100,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that provides educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programming for children and adults of all ages. The Y features an early childhood center, camps and after school programs, senior center, performing arts center, and health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, gymnasium, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and massage therapy.