Location and Job Title:
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC is a non-profit agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of two facilities throughout Palm Beach County, the JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a detail-oriented, experienced Financial Analyst to play a critical role on the team. The position is responsible for being the financial reporting expert at the intersection of the Agency's accounting software and company-wide enterprise software system. In addition, this position will support the HR Director with semi-monthly payroll. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
This position is an onsite position at our Boynton Beach location. All employees are required to adhere to our Covid-19 policy, including, but not limited to daily temperature checks, mask-wearing, and social distant office/desk arrangements.
- Support the month-end and year-end financial close processes.
- Financial Analysis
- clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;
- monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization's' financial status;
- assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process;
- administer and review financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate;
- summarize and consolidate business unit and department-level financial and operating data;
- support analysis of business decisions with the creation of advanced financial models.
- Oversee bank balance and cash forecasting.
- Review and complete journal entries to guarantee they are properly recorded.
- Responsible for balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations to make certain balances match and are properly supported.
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
- Assist HR Director with semi-monthly payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage-and-hour laws.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Work on HR-related audits such as payroll, benefits, etc. to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage cost and revenue projection models.
- Act as a liaison to both internal and external customers making sure the accounting department provides excellent customer service on behalf of, and to, the organization's programs.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Four (4) years' experience in an accounting-related position
- Strong written, oral, communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP preferred
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Financial analysis and modeling skills, and experience in forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Advanced Excel (i.e. VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.); expert-level computer skills is required
- Ability to think creatively, be a self-starter, work independently, prioritize changing workloads
- Bonus if experienced in MIP Accounting software and/or Personify
- Work experience in SAP Business Objects is a plus
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements is critical
- Strong analytical, organizational and troubleshooting skills, with attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and listening skills are a must
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.