Location and Job Title:
Family Engagement Coordinator
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you someone who loves community building and working with families? Are you welcoming, innovative, and a team player? If so, JCC Greater Boston has a unique, impactful opportunity for you.
This new role, Family Engagement Coordinator, will be responsible for creating and co-producing a variety of fun, enriching events for families with children 0-8 in the Greater Boston area. The role will include 2-3 days per week on site in Newton, partial days at event locations and some work which can be performed remotely.
Jewish and secular family events are held throughout the Greater Boston area. Many are framed around Jewish culture, values and traditions. The Family Engagement Coordinator will support the success of these events through innovative program planning and design, communication with all stakeholders, logistical support and staffing on the day of the event. Events typically occur one to two weekends per month.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our programs are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish). Kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by. Our program participants also come from diverse backgrounds.
- Needs assessment, program design and execution including pioneering new virtual and in person programs and events for parents and families with children ages 0-8. Programs will integrate Jewish values in a welcoming and inclusive context. They will align with the evolving and diverse needs of families in different regions.
- Strategic planning across the Family Engagement offerings (in collaboration with colleagues)
- Program execution, including includes reaching out and contracting with appropriate venues, performers, creating complementary activities and ordering and transporting any required supplies and food for the event. Partner with JCCGB Marketing to create and implement program marketing plans. Coordinate additional on-site staffing at programs, as needed. With the Regional Family Connectors, create a welcoming dynamic where each participant feels seen and welcomed. Ensure COVID safety protocols are followed (e.g. masking, distancing and sanitizers).
- Ensure regular communication with manager and regional family connectors. Participating actively as an essential member of the Family Engagement Design & Implementation team.
- Participation in professional development opportunities
- Ensure compliance with JCCGB processes for program registration, database and website management
- Support JCC Greater Boston Mission, Vision and Values. Attend JCCGB all staff meetings. Represent JCCGB mission and goals internally and externally
- Skills and experience in program needs assessment, strategic planning and program design
- Able to design programs which create meaningful, relevant joyful experiences
- Very strong project management skills including ability to move concepts from initial ideas to fully executed programs and events, managing to deadlines and high quality standards
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
- Able to take initiative, working well both independently and as part of a team; Ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues
- Stellar interpersonal and active listening skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with needs of families with young children
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Licensed to drive and can provide own transportation (event mileage reimbursed)
- Able to lift and carry supply boxes (may be up to 30 lbs.)
- Availability to help staff weekend programs (typically 3 hours/event; one to two events/month)
Some familiarity with Jewish life and the Boston Jewish community preferred.
- Open minded, inclusive, creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability/commitment to take direction and to adapt to evolving organizational needs
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and
program participants very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating
procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include
ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face
coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants. COVID
safety training is mandatory for all staff.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with wonderful families and a great team, co-creating a thriving, creative program, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
35,000 - 45,000
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.