Location and Job Title:
Youth Care Worker
Jewish Community Center of Austin
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
About the Job
We need you to fill the role of Youth Care Worker for our After-School Program, Kids Connection. The hours are 2:45pm-6:00pm 5 days a week (with the possibility of a 3-day per week schedule). You'll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the daily routine and activities for their group. Room counselors will be assigned to a particular grade, ranging from Pre-K to 6th grade
- Accountability for assigned children's' needs, health, and safety at all times
- Going to local elementary schools every afternoon to pick-up the children (transportation provided)
- Implementing group activities and projects
- Maintaining accurate rosters of children in group
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess Enthusiasm, patience, a great sense of humor, a strong work ethic, positivity, and the ability to work well on a team.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits
- We'll pay you an hourly salary of $10.00-$11.00 per hour, depending on experience and education
- No nights or weekend work
- Free JCC Membership (pool, gym, hot tub, sauna, etc.)
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world - "weird" Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You don't have to be Jewish to work with us; we promise to love you just as much as we love our Jewish staff.
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.