Location and Job Title:
Philanthropy Manager - Full Time with Benefits
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Position: Philanthropy Manager
Classification: At-Will, Full time, Exempt, benefitted position
Reports to: Reports to Senior Director of Philanthropy
The Philanthropy Manager will provide strong support to the Philanthropy efforts of Jewish Silicon Valley. The Philanthropy Manager will be charged with the integrity and efficiency of the Philanthropy Department through maintenance of gift entry, donor correspondence and mailing, cultivation efforts tracking and logistical support. Strong administrative support of all Philanthropy activities will include interacting with donors, potential donors, JSV Fund Development Committee members, Corporate Partners, businesses, funders, APJCC members, and JSV Board members. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced non-profit environment. This position requires confidentiality, trust, discretion, independent judgment and decision-making, specialized technology skills, experience dealing with confidential matters, and technical clerical skills. The role requires proficiency in Microsoft applications and Google Workspace and Database Software.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of all donor records, including history, communications and all relevant data through use of databases. Work closely with the database administrator to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Manage creation of and provide accurate donor reports and mailing lists. Provide insight into donor trends and Philanthropy efforts success rates. Update relevant parties when donations are received including JSV Philanthropy and Program staff members, volunteer ambassadors
- Write and manage communications to steward and cultivate donors at every level, ensuring timely and effective donor acknowledgement and electronic and print communications. This includes donor appeals, acknowledgement letters, pledge statements and year-end tax statements.
- Support engagement activities including event logistics, stewardship and engagement tracking, and donor recognition integrity.
- Conduct donor, foundation and grant research to support cultivation of new philanthropy streams. Assist with grant applications.
- Provide administrative, clerical, and operational support to the Philanthropy Department and CEO including committee scheduling and preparing for meetings and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and Governance Committee through the maintenance of committee files and preparation of materials for Board meetings.
- Propose ideas to improve processes and/or generate additional data for all Philanthropy purposes.
- Keep abreast of institutional and communal priorities and programs; ensure that Jewish Silicon Valley's case for support is current, relevant and effectively communicated with donors.
- Support and enhance the organization's presence with its many constituencies, promoting a collaborative, and donor focused approach to development.
- Work with JSV and community professionals to encourage leadership development and determine strategy to engage donors through affinity groups.
- Participate with professional peers and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support to develop a long-term strategic plan for growing the community's philanthropic support.
Qualifications and competencies:
- At least 3 years prior experience as a development professional.
- Real work experience ideally with donors and/or non-profits
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with others, other departments within the organization and with other organizations and entities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain confidential information at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, proficient in Google Suite; documents, calendar, email, et al
- Working knowledge and use of database systems
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Work in a Fitness Center/Community Center and typical business office environment
- Lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Work on computer for an extended period of time
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
- Access Transportation via personal car for various business needs - Current Valid Driver License, and provide proof of vehicle insurance.
Work non-traditional business hours; to include occasional weekend and evening hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.