Location and Job Title:
Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for a variety of highly sensitive and confidential accounting duties including semi-monthly payroll processing, reconciliation of general ledger accounts related to payroll, managing accounts payable and the payment process, as well as being able to work both independently and collaboratively while also prioritizing a diverse workload. The Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist will work closely with the Accounting Manager and the Human Resources Director.We
- Assist HR Director with semi-monthly disbursement of payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Work on HR related audits such as payroll, benefits, etc. to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely, and position details, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time are updated in appropriate payroll and benefit portal systems.
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Manage vendor accounts accurately and timely, including maintaining an effective system of FEIN verification, matching invoice, purchase order, packing slip, and other documents, and resolving issues that arise with vendors and JCC employees.
- Manage 1099 vendors, including receipt and filing of required certification of insurance and vendor agreement acknowledgement, payment invoices, approval and processing of contractor payments and preparing any independent contractor payments for annual worker's compensation audit.
- Prepare weekly check run, reconcile check register, and processes void checks.
- Prepare monthly accounts payable reports to trial balance and reconcile to general ledger.
- Set-up and utilization of invoice memorization function and expense allocation function within the software system.
- Assist with and make recommendations to reduce expenditures and participate in bid analysis as needed.
- Assist with monthly financial statements and verify that expenses were coded correctly during the month.
- Assists in the preparation of annual audit material.
- Maintains official agency records.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor according to agency needs.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent level of knowledge in a relevant field.
- Minimum of three years' payroll and/or accounts payable experience.
- Strong computer skills (Advanced Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ADP WPN preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure and time constraints.
- Must be a team player, able to adapt and be flexible as the organization requires.
- Able to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Able to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The mission of the Mandel Jewish Community Center of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. The top priorities of the JCC are connecting families to Jewish life, healthy living, high-quality Jewish cultural arts, connecting people to Israel and reaching out to the broader community.