Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Inclusion Coordinator
Barshop JCC of San Antonio
12500 NW Military Hwy.
San Antonio, TX 78231
The JCC is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, hard-working staff member to serve as Inclusion Coordinator, promoting the inclusion of all campers for the summer day camp program. The Inclusion Coordinator will directly oversee the summer camp experience of approximately 25 children with special needs and assist staff in creating an inclusive environment for all of camp. Applicants must be available full-time from June 8-August 7.
What you'll be responsible for: (Specific duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Assist with the Inclusion Intake Process, including pre-camp phone calls with teachers and meetings with parents and children with disabilities in order to assess camper needs and appropriate staffing.
- Train, supervise, support and evaluate inclusion facilitators, including holding weekly individual supervisory meetings with each staff member and assisting in the development of individualized camper behavior plans.
- Teach the general camp staff about special needs and the Inclusion Program during staff training
- Work with camp groups throughout the summer regarding Inclusion and Behavior Management, both proactively and as situations arise.
- Assist inclusion staff as need, including assisting with campers in the bathroom and/or lifting a camper up to 50 pounds
- Assist additional children who are identified with challenges after the start of camp
- Provide the opportunity for success for all participants by adapting activities, managing behaviors, and providing any additional assistance as needed.
- Encourage social interactions between and among all campers.
- Protecting the health, safety and welfare of all campers
- Serve as a role model to both campers and camp staff
- Attendance at Staff Meetings, Open Houses, Family Nights and other special events
- Confidential, positive and daily communication with camper's parents and the Camp Director as needed
- Evaluate the Inclusion Program (including the success of staff and individual campers) during and after the summer in order to make program recommendations
Application available online at https://jcampsanantonio.campmanagement.com/apply
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- Related education background
- Experience and interest working with children with special needs
- Passion to provide positive experiences to children with special needs
- Creativity, flexibility, energy, professionalism and initiative
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strength and stamina required to maintain constant supervision during the entire day
The JCC has provided programs and services to individuals and families of all ages and stages from both the Jewish and wider communities for more than 135 years. Located in the heart of San Antonio, we inspire Jewish Journeys and provide countless opportunities for San Antonians to Live Up - to their goals, their aspirations, and their potential - through a variety of programming including Fitness & Wellness, Sports & Recreation, Arts & Culture, Education & Enrichment, and more.