Location and Job Title:
Digital Media and Content Specialist
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
The Peninsula Jewish Community Center is looking for a Digital Media & Content Specialist (DMCS).
The Digital Media Specialist & Content Specialist (DMCS) is inspired by creative content that compels engagement and action, and brings a passion for influential storytelling. With strong writing, editing, and project management skills, the DMCS is able to manage detailed projects with tight timelines to meet and exceed strategic goals.
The DMCS will deploy individual digital marketing content pieces, which include producing promotional email, social media posts, and multimedia projects for diverse PJCC business units. In addition, the candidate will utilize content development skills to assist with projects such as: print marketing, multichannel communications, and direct mail marketing pieces. A highly collaborative colleague, the will work successfully with staff, agency members and the PJCC community.
What will the Digital Media & Content Specialist do at the PJCC?
- Work with Marketing Team to plan, execute, and analyze digital and traditional marketing strategies and tactics, including and not limited to: diverse social media channels, multiple PJCC websites, e-mail campaigns, online and print advertising, print materials and sales collateral, direct mail, and video projects.
- Ensure consistency of PJCC program brand look and feel, and messaging.
- Research marketplace competition and program participant demographics to provide insights for Marketing Team and apply to strategic initiatives.
- With Department Directors, manage individual department marketing spends based on the various department budgets.
- Contribute marketing expertise to support acquisition and retention.
- Work closely with various program departments to achieve their strategic goals.
- Provide copy writing and editorial support to multiple departments.
- Drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication.
- Draft, circulate, edit advertising copy. Coordinate ad production and placement.
- Meet regularly with Director of Digital Media and Department Directors to report on progress, and establish channels to problem solve, brainstorm, and evaluate priorities.
- Collaborate with colleagues for effective and compelling graphic design, content strategy and execution, public relations, web site development, e-mail, video production, and data analysis
- Identify new marketing strategic opportunities and facilitate market and A/B testing.
Other duties as assigned.
What makes for an ideal candidate?
- One year of email marketing and social media experience required.
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience
- Digital content writing skills for promotional Email and Social Media
- Proven copywriting & editing skills for print
- Strong initiative and project management skills
- A knack for business creativity & storytelling
- Strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge of Day Camp, Preschool, & After School Programs a plus
- Knowledge of Jewish culture a plus
Please attach a cover letter, resume and portfolio; must include writing samples, for consideration.
Samples should include diverse written samples.
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.