Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as Program Coordinator of the My Brother's Keeper Program in the High School and College Success division will report directly to the Community School Director.
1. Demonstrate and implement knowledge of best practices for high quality service delivery for students identified.
2. Coordinate all aspects of program development including planning, marketing, curriculum development, facilitating events, contracts, risk management, and assessment.
3. Coordinate outreach and recruitment initiatives.
4. Assist in all areas of advisement including recruitment, academic advisement, academic and post secondary path.
5. Strictly honor the privacy and security of student records and other sensitive information.
6. Communicate with school administration and the Samuel Field Y regarding the MBK program and programmatic highlights, issues and concerns.
7. Assist in the coordination of collaborative events between MBK, various programs/departments within MVB.
8. Assist with the development of an annual strategic plan and learning outcomes for MBK department assessment. Assist with the completion of an annual program review and use results to improve student recruitment, retention and school wide attendance.
9. Serve on school/agency committees/task forces on behalf of MBK, when available.
10. Facilitate purchase requests, as well as maintain the program inventory of supplies and equipment.
11. Conduct weekly communications with the Community School Director.
12. Monitor electronic academic progress reports, provide appropriate feedback, guidance and timely intervention for those MBK students who are academically at risk.
13. Perform general office functions and other duties as they relate to the support of the MBK program.
14. Maintain a presence in the hallways at the High School with the intention of engaging with students to ultimately get them back into the classroom/interested in joining the MBK program.
15. Conduct counseling sessions and interventions through individual and group sessions.
16. Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
General Tasks of All Samuel Field Y Staff:
Education & Qualifications
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only. Please indicate "Program Coordinator -MBK Program" in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
25,000 - 35,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.