Location and Job Title:
Custodian (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Custodians are responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of equipment, facilities, and grounds. Essential responsibilities include:
- Scrub, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and mop.
- Clean offices, bathrooms, break rooms, hallways, common areas, offices, and other areas.
- Dispose of trash, clean up spills, replace air fresheners, change out light bulbs, lock doors, paint, maintain water coolers, and other facilities needs as needed.
- Periodically perform heavier cleaning duties including the use of commercial or industrial cleaning equipment.
- Perform event setup duties for campus agencies and common areas, including tables, chairs, microphones, stage lighting, and podiums, in conjunction with other team members when appropriate.
- Move furniture, supplies, textiles or equipment within departments or into storage and assist other departments with other tasks.
- Perform security duties as required including unlocking and/or locking the building or designated spaces and performing perimeter security checks.
- Perform outside maintenance as needed, including trim shrubbery and clearing walkways of snow or leaves.
- Participate in safety and training programs as required and perform duties with the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as needed, notify supervision of repair needs, spills, safety concerns or hazardous situations.
- Keep records of maintenance, monitor cleaning supplies, restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision
- Recognize sizes, counts, and can sort accurately.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willing to learn.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
- Work independently, comprehend and follow written or verbal direction.
- Physical demands consist of standing, walking,
bending, reaching, twisting, working in cramped areas, reaching overhead,
pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 90 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs., and
requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.