Location and Job Title:
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
This position is responsible for developing and revitalizing the wellness department of the Levite Jewish Community Center. The LJCC is a multifaceted community center that emphasizes the importance of wellness of the mind and body. The primary goal of this position is to complement the mission of the LJCC by providing the community with programs and services that foster health, wellness, personal growth, development, and engagement. This position supports the overall organization and administration of the programs, services and facilities of the LJCC.
The Wellness Director provides leadership, vision and development/oversight of the wellness efforts of the LJCC. This includes the management and oversight of physical fitness, general health, recreational activities and youth wellness services.
- Develops, revitalizes and supervises the total administration and operation of the Wellness department, which includes group fitness, physical fitness, youth and adult recreation, aquatics, well-being (massage & physical therapists), and camps.
- Development and implementation of long-range strategic plans and visioning related to wellness programs.
- Develop, lead, and manage successful wellness services.
- Modify and update current wellness services.
- Set up data tracking system to better assess program/service performance and make changes accordingly.
- Supervise Wellness Coordinator around operations of scheduling, communications, and payroll and independent contractors.
- Practice strong and ethical fiscal management of a department and team budgets.
- Develop, nurture, and enhance relationships with members.
- Expand wellness efforts to include all areas within the LJCC from preschool to camp to adult fitness.
- Engage in effective, collaborative working relations with diverse populations in order to provide optimal service to those populations and community constituents.
- Engage in strategic planning and assessment activities centered upon the attainment of appropriate outcomes.
- Develop and lead successful wellness events.
- Foster partnerships with organizations that align with the LJCC's mission.
- Knowledge of Daxko and Mindbody is highly desirable.
- Embrace all Core Values and all inherent mission, goals, directives and tasks of the LJCC
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director and Finance Director
Wellness Coordinator, Group Fitness, Personal Trainers, Massage Therapist, Physical Therapist and Aquatic Staff
Education and/or Experience
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of wellness; understand interconnectivity of wellness and be able to create connections within and across all wellness efforts
- Bachelor's degree in fitness related field
- Six years of appropriate experience
- Experience and certification in personal training
- Effective Communication Skills
- CPR and AED certification required
35,000 - 45,000
Levite Jewish Community Center
3960 Montclair Road
Birmingham, AL. 35213