Location and Job Title:
Cherryvale Camp Farm and Sustainability Specialist
6007 Oreg Avenue
Boulder, CO 80303
To further the mission of Cherryvale Day Camp through the development and delivery of Farm and Sustainability activities that are educational, safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers' ages and abilities. Responsible for the Farm and Sustainability programming and equipment.
Department: Cherryvale Day Camp; Reports to the Cherryvale Day Camp Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
40 hours/week, seasonal May 26-August 14
Grow and improve the Farm and Sustainability Program
- Work with the Program Director and Boulder JCC Farmers prior to the start of summer to start planning programs
- Make recommendations for farm and sustainability equipment, supplies, and programs
Oversee and implement the camp farm and sustainability programming
- Carry out programs that will engage and teach campers of various ages and needs about farming and sustainability
- Integrate Jewish teachings to the farm programs through value-based learning
- Prepare and implement the elective programs as well as camp programs
- Responsible for the set up and clean-up of the farm and all projects in that area
Bring Farm and Sustainability into other areas of Cherryvale Day Camp life
- Organize projects that support the theme of each camp week
- Create a sustainability initiative within camp to be carried out by campers and staff
Supervise area and ensure that campers are being safe and properly instructed
- Enforce all rules and policies at camp, within the specialty area and camp as a whole
- Manage the farm and sustainability budget and purchase items as needed with the help of the Program Director
- Help out in other areas of camp as needed
- Programming background in farming and sustainability.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Desire and ability to teach farm and sustainability skills to children with various backgrounds and abilities
- Desire and ability to work with children and teach them Jewish values
- Ability to accept supervision, guidance and act as a positive role model to inspire children and staff
ABOUT THE BOULDER JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER
The Boulder Jewish Community Center's [Boulder JCC] mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
In 2016, the Boulder JCC completed building its new 52,000 square foot facility sitting on a beautiful 10-acre campus in East Boulder. As a community convener and one of the central addresses of Jewish life in Boulder County and beyond, the Boulder JCC prides itself on offering a wide array of community programming including one of the best Boulder preschools, day camps, after school classes, and arts and culture programs and serves infants, toddlers, youth, families, teens, young adults, and adults. The new Boulder JCC further fulfills its mission by being a primary destination for all of Boulder County as a place for meetings, celebrations, fundraisers, and other community events.
The staff at the Boulder JCC is hard working, collaborative, passionate, and committed to mission. The team is driven by a desire to serve the community broadly and deeply. The organization continually strives to improve its delivery of content and services with a focus on its values. The Boulder JCC endeavors to hire individuals who are committed to the JCC's values, believe in the power of community, and want to help grow a dynamic organization.