Location and Job Title:
Assistant Vice President for Marketing
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Reporting to the Chief Strategic Program Officer, the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Marketing is responsible for the overall brand management, marketing strategy and execution for JCC Greater Boston and serves on the organization's Leadership Team which oversees the development and implementation of organizational strategy.This position works closely with the Chief Strategic Program Officer, VP of Development, and President/CEO and other senior leaders across the organization to conceive, develop, implement, and integrate a broad range of communications, public relations, social/digital, and content marketing activities in support of JCC Greater Boston's mission. The AVP will define and drive all branding, storytelling across all platforms, messaging (e.g. digital, print, experiential graphics, etc.) and lead a talented team that includes creative, digital, PR, and account services. Collectively this team contributes to the success of each of our members and users at JCC Greater Boston through effective, clear messaging and communication.
- Lead the marketing team in designing holistic and sophisticated marketing strategies for multiple JCC Greater Boston internal clients that all operate under a central brand strategy and mission.
- Define and lead brand awareness campaigns
- Support and lead the account services team to design, execute, and assess marketing strategies in service of increased member/user acquisition and retention.
- Lead, encourage, mentor, and develop staff members; provide guidance to team members on effective project and account management.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across the organization, modeling excellent customer service while developing cross-organizational awareness of best practices in Marketing.
- Partner with the Leadership Team in making our organizational vision a reality.
- Collaborate with your staff and internal resources to establish Marketing as a great place to work.
- Set expectations for visual and creative messaging, support creative team to manage overall workflow and prioritization framed by brand guidelines.
- Work with senior leadership to lead external messaging.
- Collaborate closely with VP of Development and Director of Advancement Communications to ensure consistent messaging while promoting the mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities of the organization to all relevant stakeholders and audiences.
- Manage team of approximately 8 staff with functions that include creative, content development, digital, account services, and marketing strategy.
- Set near-term and long-term goals with account services team and program managers
- Review all marketing campaigns and offer insight and support as necessary
- Design, review, and track departmental budget
- Assign priority to marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for senior leadership
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
Brand Building and Communications Strategy
- Work with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to build and communicate JCC Greater Boston's brand
- Drive creative strategy across all communication channels
- Review and revise clear guidelines for agency brand identity (including tone, messaging, and use of platforms) and drive strategy for implementation
- Analyze and recommend updates, as needed, to current communication platforms and their implementation relative to brand messaging effectiveness
- Support and guide how the unique programs and services (sub-brands) connect to the JCC Greater Boston overall experience
- Evaluate the opportunities and take leadership for redesigning sub-branding
- Serve as a spokesperson on behalf of the organization
- Support crisis communication, as needed
- Streamline workflow through a review and revision of a project tracking system
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget, and stay true to the goals
- Support creative and digital in project prioritization through traffic management
- Offer transparency and clarity around departmental goals and expectations
Skills, Experience, and Attributes
- Proven work experience in a senior marketing role that includes managing brand awareness campaigns
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of experiential graphics and visual identity
- Leadership knowledge in digital marketing strategy
- A proactive, optimistic approach that energizes the team and agency around marketing and communication goals
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions
- Excellent leadership qualities, capable of taking the organization to the next level of success by nurturing a team of great leaders
- Strong collaboration skills across organizations
- Effective communication style including strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Passion for the people and the experiences that make up JCC Greater Boston
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting time to be part of JCC Greater Boston! The organization is a nationally-recognized leader in health & wellness, family engagement, camping, and early learning, and has just completed a $15 million expansion and update to the health and wellness facilities at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton, as well as expanded and improved upon program spaces for families and young children. JCC Greater Boston is uniquely positioned for a period of exciting growth. In addition, the organization will undergo a transformative redesign on the Leventhal-Sidman JCC lobby and cafe which will include an all new teaching kitchen, gathering spaces, and exciting opportunities for messaging, branding, and experiential graphics. The Assistant Vice President for Marketing role offers the opportunity for an energetic leader to take our strong brand foundation, program excellence, and outstanding core team to the next level of success in support of JCC Greater Boston.
One of the largest Jewish organizations in the region, JCC Greater Boston engages with more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in the Boston area combined, in an inclusive and progressive setting where everyone is welcome. More than 50,000 people, representing 98 communities and every age, belief and ability, take part in JCC Greater Boston programs and services annually across the Greater Boston region. Programs include four outstanding preschools, four day camps, an overnight camp in Maine, family engagement programs and services, a brand-new fitness center, two pools, arts and culture classes for all ages, performances and lectures, Jewish holiday celebrations and more. With the support of generous donors, we award more than $750,000 in scholarships each year in order to make the JCC accessible to people who could not otherwise afford to participate.