Location and Job Title:
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
The Fitness Supervisor is a full-time position reporting to the General Manager. The Fitness Supervisor is directly responsible for supervision of Fitness Floor staff, they also serve as Manager on Duty (MOD), process personal trainer's time cards, membership on-boarding, and promotion of personal training sales. The work week varies and can include weekends, or evenings. This position will also serve as member of Koret Center H&F Management Team.
- Highly visible on fitness floor, engaging with members and responsible for educating and enforcing fitness floor etiquette among members.
- In collaboration with Member Retention Manager, ensures timely delivery of new member orientations and follow-up calls to secure and increase member use of fitness center. Call or email new members at least 3 times before writing them off.
- Assist GM in the recruitment, hiring and supervision of qualified Personal Trainers and Fitness Floor staff.
- Evaluate Fitness Floor staff performance and monitor attendance. Review timesheets for both Fitness Floor staff and Personal Trainers and client records for accuracy and submit timesheets to Payroll.
- Be the lead in making sure all fitness equipment is working and in good condition. Work closely with Gym Doctors and front line staff to ensure broken equipment is being communicated to members, staff and Gym Doctors.
- Cleaning and putting away equipment on the fitness floor throughout shift.
- Assist Fitness Floor staff with overflow customer needs and step in to handle difficult situations as necessary.
- Assist in planning and execution of monthly/bimonthly personal training staff meetings.
- Coordinate weekly staff schedules. Manage breaks & substitute coverage for fitness floor staff.
- Assist Personal Training team to meet monthly revenue goals by upselling orientations to 3-packs and matching clients with trainers.
- Do a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 personal training clients and or specialty classes a week.
- Attend regularly scheduled H&F management team meetings and serve as a Manager on Duty.
- As PM Manager on Duty, assist all JCC staff with member issues or concerns.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues for floor staff.
- Full knowledge of Health & Fitness Department, including program guides, flyers, other applicable literature and the physical and telecommunications layout of the department.Familiarity with other center-wide programs and services also required.
- fitness equipment maintenance
- Perform role of sales leader as a model for all staff in up-selling and cross-promotion within the department and within JCC.
- Provide customer service and sales support, as well as, motivation, modeling, and training to all Koret Center staff on a continuous basis.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Benefits and Salary:
- Health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; retirement, TSA and 125 plans, 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Salary commensurate with experience $22-$24 an hour.
- Management experience in fitness industry preferred.
- Excellent, proven customer service skills, communication and team building abilities required in order to successfully manage a diverse population of staff and members.
- Experience in selling personal training and leading a team preferred.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to use Outlook, Excel, Word and proprietary software are required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Current NASM, ACE, NSCA, IFPA, ACSM or equivalent Personal Training Certification(s) (or within the first 120 days after hired date)
- Ability to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Ability to commit to schedule including Sunday-Thursday evenings.
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center, located in San Rafael, CA, provides educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the community since 1946. Open to all, with the mission of enhancing people's lives and preserving Jewish Identity, its programs and services include:
- A state-of-the-art fitness center
- An outstanding preschool
- Performing arts, literary and cultural events
- Summer camps for children of all ages and special programs for teens
- Special programs for families and older adults
- Educational classes, workshops and excursions