Location and Job Title:
Special Needs Coordinator
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
- MJCC Director of Social Services
- Responsible for creating, developing and implementing the special needs services in consort with the MJCC Director of Social Services.
- Implementation of special needs services to include family and caregiver support groups, resource/information/referral, social programming and social skills groups, and advocacy initiatives.
- Serve as a central resource for internal and community programs and services for individuals with special needs of all ages.
- Develop strategic partnerships and relationships with special needs service providers in the community.
- Work closely with other department staff on creating appropriate and engaging educational programs and community outreach initiatives.
- Work with lay leaders and volunteers when appropriate to evaluate service delivery and plan for new and/or expanded program and services.
- Work with MJCC Marketing Department regarding publicity, public relations and marketing plans as it relates to special needs services.
- Work with MJCC Development Director as needed/requested regarding funding opportunities and resources for special needs services.
- Provide outstanding client service.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every client and participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Work in consort with other FJFS staff to develop and implement continuing education programs for social service professionals in the Greater Memphis area.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by and mutually agreed upon with the MJCC President/CEO and/or Director of Social Services.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and staff on collaborative programming and service delivery where appropriate.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5-7 years of related work experience working with special needs services in a non-profit social services agency.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and values.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new and/or expanded services.
- Dynamic and innovative with strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills relating to senior adults.
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required.
Located on 24 amazing acres in the heart of East Memphis, The Memphis Jewish Community Center has something for everyone of all shapes and sizes. We have an amazing Early Childhood Center, an expanded Fitness Center, a large outdoor water park, an Art House, Senior Adult gatherings, Summer Camp, After School activities, and most importantly a welcoming environment.