Location and Job Title:
Community School Director
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as the Community School Director in the High School and College Success division will report directly to the Senior Director of Community Schools.
- Manage a team of professionals to success, focused on the provision of high quality services to the students at John Bowne High School and expected to meet contractual expectations.
- Work hand-in-hand with CBO staff, superintendent's office, Office of Community Schools, and school leadership team to increase school enrollment and daily attendance, improve school culture, and eliminate barriers to success for the student population.
- Implementation of school-day and after-school programming in line with the 21st Century Learning Center (21st CCLC) goals and objectives JBHS requirements for 350 students.
- Work with students on individual and group level to mitigate barriers to attendance, involvement, and achievement in school setting through counseling and check ins.
- Identify roadblocks to successful implementation of services and strategize solutions in consultation with the school leadership team.
- Ability to regularly track and report out on the evidence of impact.
- Facilitate a coordinated, coherent climate and culture plan that includes consistent expectations, incentives, and team building activities at the direction of agency leadership.
- Establish and support the facilitation of case conferencing dedicated to identifying students exhibiting one or more barriers, identifying appropriate interventions, and revisiting these students at subsequent meetings.
- Establish, co-plan, and lead semi-monthly collaborative meetings to ensure ongoing communication and coordination of efforts or other site-based partnerships.
- Develop and distribute program reports to school leadership, teacher teams and partners.
- Participate in ongoing personal professional growth activities and relevant agency required meetings.
- Attend all required Community School conveninings.
- Communicate regularly with Commonpoint management and others to monitor progress and discuss implementation support strategies.
- Serve as a thought partner to the school leadership team (attend all cabinet and SLT meetings).
- Strategize new initiatives and ideas that will provide new learning and enrichment opportunities to students and families.
- Work with the parent coordinator to ensure that families have meaningful opportunities to participate in the school.
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
- Promote and implement the core values of the agency.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Education & Qualifications
- Advanced degree in the Social Sciences, Public and/or Education Policy Administration
- LMSW strongly preferred + SIFI eligible
- 3 years' experience collaborating effectively with public schools and community based organizations to improve the outcomes of high school students
- 3 years' experience working within or managing programs serving youth and families
65,000 - 75,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.