You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Special Needs Camp Inclusion Coordinator
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Brian Adler at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JCC is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, hard-working staff member to serve as Inclusion Coordinator, promoting the inclusion of all campers for the summer day camp program. The Inclusion Coordinator will directly oversee the summer camp experience of approximately 15 children with special needs and assist staff in creating an inclusive environment for all of camp.
Applicants must be available from June 8-August 19, Monday - Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm. $5,000 for the Summer
What you'll be responsible for: (Specific duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Assist with the Inclusion-Intake Process, including pre-camp phone calls with teachers and meetings with parents and children with disabilities in order to assess camper needs and appropriate staffing.
- Train, supervise, support and evaluate inclusion facilitators, including holding weekly individual supervisory meetings with each staff member and assisting in the development of individualized camper behavior plans.
- Teach the general camp staff about special needs and the Inclusion Program during staff training
- Work with camp groups throughout the summer regarding Inclusion and Behavior Management, both proactively and as situations arise.
- Assist inclusion staff as need, including assisting with campers in the bathroom and/or lifting a camper up to 50 pounds
- Assist additional children who are identified with challenges after the start of camp
- Provide the opportunity for success for all participants by adapting activities/trips, managing behaviors, and providing any additional assistance as needed.
- Encourage social interactions and inclusion in all activities between and among all campers.
- Protecting the health, safety and welfare of all campers
- Serve as a role model to both campers and camp staff
- Attendance at Staff Meetings, Open Houses, Family Nights and other special events
- Confidential, positive and daily communication with camper's parents and the Camp Director as needed
- Evaluate the Inclusion Program (including the success of staff and individual campers) during and after the summer in order to make program.
- Evaluate the Inclusion Program (including the success of staff and individual campers) during and after the summer in order to make program recommendations
A Typical Day May Include:
- Modeling behavior management techniques for an Inclusion Facilitator to learn
- Brainstorming program adaptations with the camp specialists
- Supervising group and camper swim times/group and camper trips
- Speaking with parents regarding their camper's day-to-day challenges and successes
- A meeting - with your supervisor, the rest of the staff, or just the staff from your group
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- Related education background
- Experience and interest working with children with special needs
- Passion to provide positive experiences to children with special needs
- Creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, professionalism and initiative
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strength and stamina required
Special discounts Camp Tuition
FREE Fitness Center Membership
The majority of our programming operates in the Milton and Betty Katz Jewish Community Center by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and its expansive beaches located at 501 N Jerome Avenue, Margate, NJ. We are a non-profit, and there are lots of room for growth and learning opportunities.
The mission of the Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County is to foster an appreciation of Jewish identity, values and culture, to promote the health, education and welfare of our members, to strengthen Jewish family life, to build a sense of community and ensure Jewish continuity for our children, our children's children, and ourselves.
Here at the JCC we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.