Location and Job Title:
Fitness Desk Associate
1375 St Paul Ave
St Paul, MN 55116
As the first point of contact, the Member Experience Associate is responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants of the Jewish Community Center.This person has the responsibility of checking members in and acting as a resource of information to our members.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee in this position. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Assist members, guests and potential members
- Greet and welcome members and guests as they enter and leave the facility and connect them with the membership department if necessary.
- Check in members and guests for fitness center and facility entry following site procedure.
- Serve as reception for prospective members interested in membership.
- Serve as an information resource for members and the general public.
- Answer and direct phone calls following established etiquette and protocol.
Contribute to providing a customer service focused environment
- Provide members, guests and fellow team members with legendary service and enhance their sense of belonging and inclusive community within the fitness center.
- Be professional and positive in your interactions with all members and guests.
- Create and deepen relationships with members and guests to enhance their sense of belonging.
- Take ownership of member concerns and complaints proactively and in a timely, professional manner.
Accurately process member and visit participation
- Provide direction to members about locations of classes and program services
- Sell and process sales for private swim lessons, personal training, massage, and retail etc.
- Process and register customers for classes, lessons, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Accountable for accuracy in computer, cash register and daily deposits.
Stay current with and enforce all JCC rules, regulations, policies, and departmental goals.
- Stay informed on facility and program memos and changes upon each shift worked.
- Provide proper information on policies, practices and guidelines.
- Respond quickly and professionally in an emergency situation according to department policies and procedures.
- Attend all required departmental meetings and trainings as outlined in departmental expectations.
- Handle daily cash deposits according to departmental policies and procedures
- 18 years or older
- Customer service experience preferred but not required
- CPR/AED/First Aid certified within 90 days of employment
- Must be detail-orientated, organized and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Basic computer skills and ability to multitask
- Well-organized and highly efficient when managing your work
- Team player and show a willingness to learn new things
- Committed to serving the community, the membership of the JCC and each other
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Sabes Jewish Community Center-St Louis Park