You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Camp Simchah Assistant Director
JCC of the North Shore
4 Community Rd
Marblehead, MA 01945
The JCCNS is hiring for an Assistant Director for Camp Simchah summer camp. Candidate will be responsible for assisting the Director in day-to-day operations of our full-day summer camp program. Duties include daily scheduling of programs, administrative support, and staff management.
Camp Simchah Assistant Director position begins in April and is part-time (hours to be determined) until the start of camp at which point the position transitions to full-time, 40 hours per week through the end of the camp season. Camp season runs from June 26th-August 25th.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and security of campers and staff at all times;
- Supervising counselors in implementation of daily camp activities;
- Helping to execute a fun and exciting program for campers each week;
- Creating a dedicated and fun atmosphere for both campers and staff;
- Maintaining weekly/daily activities schedule that coordinate with the weekly theme;
- Ability to adapt quickly to unforeseen situations, like inclement weather;
- Assisting in the management and care of physical facilities and equipment;
- Providing guidance to campers and staff for specific programs as required;
- Ensuring that all equipment is properly stored at the end of each day;
The Camp Simchah Assistant Director represents Camp Simchah and the JCCNS as a member of the leadership team.As such, they are expected to:
- Represent the department when interacting with participants, parents, and community members;
- Observe participant behavior and enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures;
- Report concerns and incidents to the Camp Simchah Director in a timely manner and according to departmental protocols;
- Provide parents with appropriate and timely feedback and information;
- Follow and support the policies, procedures, and expectations of the JCCNS and the Marblehead Board of Health.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Camp Simchah Assistant Director must have:
- Basic understanding of youth development;
- Ability to manage large groups of elementary-high school aged campers in a dynamic, spirited environment;
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations;
- Ability to communicate and provide necessary instruction to camp staff;
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Camp Simchah Assistant Director is a full-time, seasonal position with the potential to extend beyond camp session dates. Salary depending on experience.
To inquire about or apply for this position, please contact heather Gravelese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Camp Simchah Assistant Director must:
- Be 21 years of age and have attained a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a camp counselor or comparable recreation experience;
- Have a valid Massachusetts driver's license and ability to operate an automobile;
- Hold a CPR/AED and First Aid certification. JCCNS can facilitate this training on-site prior to the start of camp.