Location and Job Title:
Active Adult and Senior Programming Director
JCC of Louisville
3600 Dutchmans Ln
Louisville, KY 40205
The Jewish Community Center (The J) holds a unique place within Louisville, serving as a place of convening and unity for Louisville's Jewish community, as well as a hub of inclusivity and understanding within the broader community. Inherent in the organization's mission, vision, and core beliefs is a holistic approach to the fundamental and overall wellness of individuals and their communities; body, mind, heart, and soul. The J's diverse programming reflects its multi-fold commitment to its member's well-being.
The J's Active Adult and Senior Programming Division enables adults ages 60+ to enjoy a multitude of enriching and fulfilling programs in fitness, social events, the arts, Jewish life, education and more. These programs provide a comprehensive wellness that links social connectivity, nutrition and exercise, while nourishing the mind, body, heart and soul. Our full-time Active Adult and Senior Programming Director position requires the ability to lead and manage multiple projects including daily operations, administrative activities and senior programming, serving both our active adult and vulnerable senior populations, while also assisting other J departments in their programming activities.
- Responsible for the daily operations, administration activities and program delivery of the department.
- Oversee 10 full and part time staff, as well as independent contractors, in the administrative, nutrition, transportation and program areas.
- Create and provide a wide variety of programs for Senior Adults, including but not limited to, special interest activities, educational opportunities, one day and week-long trips and excursions, and both on and offsite entertainment.
- Develop and manage the Senior Adult Programming and Nutrition budgets putting processes and procedures in place to meet all financial goals.
- Work with Marketing Department to advertise programs and actives, provide information for Centerpiece in the Community Newspaper and prepare the monthly senior bulletin.
- Work with JCL Grants Writer to discover and research grant opportunities and developing proposals for Senior Adults & Nutrition programs. (JHFE, Meals on Wheels America)
- Work with Sr. Adult Committee Members to discover and enhance operational services and programming opportunities.
- Partner with JFCS as part of KIPDA's Focal Point to provide the following Title IIIB services for each fiscal year: Advocacy, Education, Friendly Visiting, Health Promotion, Information & Assistance, Outreach, Recreation. Enter unit entry and client data into Servtracker Computer Program for Title IIIB services. Complete monthly report & invoice submitted to JFCS for Title IIIB activities.
- Prepare and submit to KIPDA Title IIIC Proposal for Nutrition, complete & submit monthly reports to Louisville Metro Nutrition as required by contract. Prepare and send monthly billing to KIPDA for Title IIIC and invoice to Louisville Metro Nutrition. Attend quarterly subcontractor's meeting with Louisville Metro Nutrition staff. Train & supervise nutrition volunteers; arrange volunteers to deliver HD meals.
- Attend meetings, seminars, conferences pertaining to senior issues as required by KIPDA.
- Work with registered dietician and Kitchen Manager to prepare menus for nutrition lunch that comply with state requirements.
- Complete home assessments of potential Home Delivered Meal and schedule home visit within 30 days, maintain client records, and personally conduct periodic visits.
- Supervise the operations and scheduling of the JCC active adult and senior transportation services.
- Oversee the JCL food services operations, including senior meals, internal and special event catering, and the outdoor cafe.
- Assist the JCC Arts and Ideas Operations and Events Director in planning and implementing cultural arts programming for the Jewish and general communities.
- Work with the JCC's JOFEE Director in developing programs in the areas of food advocacy, sustainability and environmental stewardship, as well as the execution of said programs and special events.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 3 years working with the senior population, developing appropriate activities and working in group and one on one environments
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and customs
- Proficient in computer skills, and electronic database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and physically walk, stand, bend, and squat for prolonged periods in all-weather outdoor conditions
45,000 - 55,000
Founded in 1890, the Jewish Community Center of Louisville (JCC) is a human service agency committed to enhancing the quality of family life and promoting the physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness of the individual. It provides health-related activities, cultural and educational programs that serve the community at large, including populations at risk. Membership and services are offered to the entire community. The JCC offers the following services: Sports & Wellness; Senior Adult & Nutrition; Early Childhood, Youth & Camping; and Jewish Cultural & Performing Arts. Additional information may be found on our website at www.jewishlouisville.org.