Location and Job Title:
Special Events Associate
Sid Jacobson JCC
300 Forest Dr
East Hills, NY 11548
Are you interested in joining an agency that focuses on providing a solid foundation in every aspect of our community wellness, regardless of age or ability? Would you like the opportunity for personal and professional development, hands on assignments, and community involvement? If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today.
Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center is currently seeking a full-time Special Events Associate to work hand in hand with the Development team to broadening the base of donors and increasing the operational revenue through relationship building and event programming. The ideal person will be enthusiastic, extremely well organized, and passionate about working in a non-profit organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
How You'll Help Us Be Successful:
- Engage community through the creation of innovative events and programming while growing all our existing fundraising efforts through collaboration with SJJCC departments.
- Work cross-functionally with all agency departments and senior leadership on execution of special event projects including raffles, vendor negotiations and financial tracking of fundraising events
- Contribute to managing team tracking documents such as calendars, long-lead planning, overall budgets, vendor contact lists, team checklists etc.
- Coordinate event-related meetings and notes as needed
- Raise money for SJJCC operations through in person and phone solicitations
- Administrative duties to support the department
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor and Deputy Executive Director
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising and/or event planning
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-faced environment and adjust at a moments notice, a good problem solver
- Must embrace the mission of SJJCC
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate fundraising calls and donor visits
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite including proficiency in computer skills, databases, spreadsheets, and mail merges
- E-mail, Internet, Social Media
- Some weekend and after-hours event staffing required
$45,000 - $55,000
Sid Jacobson JCC and Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp, our satellite campus in Brookville, are the best places to ENRICH yourself, EXPLORE Jewish culture and CONNECT with the community. We provide a comprehensive program based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage and culture, which enriches the lives of all individuals and families in our community. We are a proud beneficiary of UJA-Federation of New York. Bernice Jacobson Day School & Camp 340 Wheatley Road Old Westbury, NY 11545 516-626-1094 For more information, visit us at www.sjjcc.org!