Location and Job Title:
Director, Sports & Leagues
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Generate, integrate and share new ideas; demonstrate
creativity, and develop innovative programs, services and systems. Gather and
analyze competitive programs in order to understand the market and expand the
- Assess the sports and recreation needs of the agency and community, and plan programs that meet those needs.
- Ensure that a variety of sport and recreation and programs are planned and implemented, and over time evaluate the effectiveness of these programs.
- Gather feedback from program participants and conduct ongoing assessment of programs, making changes and developing new programs as appropriate.
- Develop and implement recruiting and retention efforts for all youth and adult sports leagues.
- Oversee operations for Stamford J Basketball programs, including travel and youth leagues, camps, clinics, private and small group lessons, and events.
- Serve as a Head Coach for Stamford J Basketball travel teams and youth league.
- Serve as the Day Camp at The J Athletic Director; work with the Director of Camp to create programming and support camp operations on a daily basis.
- Develop, implement, proactively sell and monitor youth and adult sports leagues.
- Work with coaching staff to evaluate talent / skill level and create teams and schedules for leagues.
- Coordinate coach, scorekeeper and referee schedules for youth and adult leagues.
- Work with supervisor and Director of Marketing & Communications to develop strategic, timely and effective marketing and sales materials and strategies.
- Ensure cleanliness of all program spaces and equipment.
- Responsible for ordering, tracking, distribution, and maintenance of equipment for sports and recreation programs.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with department budgets.
manage and provide supervision, support, training and development for
staff, including part-time instructors, summer camp staff, and volunteer
with team to develop consistent league rules, packets and informational
guides; develop and implement a consistent and effective method for
with staff to ensure understanding and compliance of licensing and site
requirements and agency policies.
and implement programs with local day schools.
strategic partnerships and working relationships with schools, park
districts and other organizations, parent groups and staff.
contact with families, program participants and school partners,
soliciting feedback and developing relationships.
the highest level of customer service at all times, including providing
facility tours, serving as Manager on Duty as needed, returning calls to
parents and conducting regular sales calls.
present on-site during all programs and rentals as needed; ensure an
avenue for relationship building, feedback gathering and customer
satisfaction of all participants.
- Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or
- Two-Four years management & supervisory experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of multiple sports and ability to instruct youth.
have previous success developing and maintaining sports and recreation programs
targeted to children ages 3-16.
- Budget development and compliance experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a camp environment.
- Ability to effectively
communicate both orally and in writing with parents, community members and
agency staff, to provide the highest level of customer service.
level proficiency in Word and Excel, and an ability to learn other technology
The Stamford JCC is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.