Location and Job Title:
Case Manager for Opportunity Youth, Commonpoint Queens - Workforce
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Commonpoint Queens (Samuel Field YM & YWHA) Adult Workforce Department consists of employment and support programs serving individuals predominantly adults 18 and over and opportunity youth ages 16-24. The department provides access to occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
The goal of the Opportunity Youth Programs at Commonpoint Queens is to provide a career pathway for opportunity youth through a continuum of services including literacy and math instruction, HSE test p reparation, work readiness training, college and career exploration, paid work experience, advanced occupational training and industry credential attainment. The programs support opportunity youth at any educational level, providing on-ramps at various levels through three program components, each supported by case management and wrap around services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Case Manager will:
- Manage a caseload of 25-30 participants for the Opportunity Youth programs
- Conduct intake assessments and assist with eligibility documentation collection
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation related to participants enrollment and completion of program
- Provide participants with individual and group mental health support
- Monitor participant program performance and attendance (i.e., employment upgrades, work-readiness, training, advanced training, work site visits)
- Provide detailed case notes and data entry on participants
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Services Strategy for each participant
- Identify and coordinate supportive services for participants, including referrals to community-based programs to remove barriers from participation and/or achieving success in the program.
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary, appropriate referrals, and home visits when needed.
- Maintain effective communication and rapport with participants, staff, and support systems.
- Conduct care coordination with the outside treatment providers/referrals with the goal of improving participants well-being and progress
- Collaborate with support staff to address the individual needs of the participants.
- Case manager will facilitate wraparound services for students on all aspects of the program under Opportunity Youth.
- Work support and or scope of the job may change to meet programmatic, funder and agency needs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in human services or related field required. Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of case management experience with opportunity youth
- Demonstrated ability in youth development
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds
- Proven experience with participant navigator services including but not limited to public assistance, healthcare, financial, legal and social support.
- Bilingual or multilingual is highly preferred, preferably in Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Bengali.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the agency.
- Schedule: Full Time
- Location: Commonpoint Queens Employment Hub
Send resume and cover letter to Erica Eisele, LMSW at email@example.com
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.