Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Program Supervisor
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is looking to hire a visionary, dynamic, and enthusiastic Program Supervisor. The Program Supervisor works in partnership with the Early Childhood Director, Operations Director, and other Program Supervisors to oversee all aspects of school operations including classroom and curriculum development, staff supervision and administrative tasks. Our school is comprised of 20+ classrooms with students ranging from 3 months-5 years. The Program Supervisor will work primarily with one age group, although the range of his/her responsibilities will cover the entirety of the school.
Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director, the Program Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise, coach and mentor teaching staff, including regular classroom observations, one-on-one reflection and feedback meetings and team meetings.
- Program Supervisor oversees 8 to 10 classrooms and the corresponding staff 16 - 25 teachers.
- Oversee development and implementation of curriculum, blending developmentally appropriate curriculum with Jewish education and our overall vision and mission of the school.
- Coordinate and help facilitate staff meetings, including age level meetings and full staff meetings, as well as professional development and in service training.
- Provide and support teachers with current pedagogical research and resources.
- Advise on selection of instructional supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Help to organize holiday and special events.
- Provide information and tours to prospective parents.
- Promote positive staff morale.
- Work collaboratively with entire Early Childhood team, parents, and community members, as well as entire JCC team and other JCC departments in creating and promoting cross-departmental programs and opportunities.
- Other appropriate asks as determined by the Early Childhood Director.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred, in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- 5 years Early Childhood teaching experience.
- Strong supervisory, management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Jewish Educational background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary is commensurate with previous Early Childhood experience and educational background. Hiring is subject to completion of a background check, fingerprinting, criminal history record information, and child abuse record information check.
55,000 - 65,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)