Location and Job Title:
Case Coordinator (Family Violence Prevention Services)
Edith & Carl Marks JCH of Bensonhurst
7802 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11214
The Case Coordinator (Family Violence Prevention Services) provides screening, safety
planning, monitoring, case management, referrals, and coordinates supportive counseling of eligible
family violence survivor and prevention cases.
- Conduct intake assessment and orientation sessions for clients.
- Provide safety planning and crisis intervention referrals to address emergencies related to housing, food, medical needs, and any concrete need as presented by client.
- Support case planning and referrals to address the employment skills and training needs, educational needs, housing needs, legal needs, mental health needs, and physical health needs of clients and assist clients in achieving their goals.
- Maintain case documentation available for review by supervision at any time, i.e. client records, including progress notes and all other relevant information to assist clients and to comply with program requirements.
- Follow up with all program referrals and confirm client attendance.
- Maintain a caseload of clients and monitor their participation through case management appointments, reviewing progress reports and conferencing cases.
- Prepare and present written and status reports of anything related to client's progress.
- Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients.
- Partnership outreach, coordination and creation in order to manage and maintain relationships with local organizations involved in similar efforts.
- MSW preferred, BSW or BA with at least two years of experience working with domestic and family violence survivors a must.
- Cultural competency with at-risk immigrant communities, empathy and ability to provide service delivery in a sensitive way a must.
- Russian-speaking preferred.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment providers and other resource systems in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Proficiency using remote platforms such as Zoom.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner manifesting sound judgment and resourcefulness.
This is a part to full time position, salary commensurate with degree and experience. Please Send
Resume and Cover Letter.
55,000 - 65,000
Who we are:
The Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is a center of community life in
Brooklyn, rooted in Jewish values and fostering an inclusive environment. We help at every life stage,
providing critical services that lift people out of poverty, as well as innovative programing that educates
and inspires our community members. The Marks JCH is a full-scale human service agency, providing
social services, older adult services, resettlement support, job placement in addition to being a Jewish
community center offering children's, youth, family, and cultural programs. Marks JCH prides itself on
its 360-degree holistic service model, providing services for the whole family, meeting the needs of low and moderate-income New Yorkers, specializing in helping refugees and immigrants.