Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Associate
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
OVERVIEW: The Fitness Center Associate is responsible for member services, performing standard operations, and enforcing policies at the front desk and on the fitness floor. This position is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. Hours will vary for this position, but has the potential for weekday, weeknight, and weekend hours. Please indicate current hours of availability when applying. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Greet members and guests while maintaining a professional demeanor to deliver exceptional hospitality. Become familiar with members' names as a tool to aid in customer service.
- Learn and enforce JCC Fitness Center rules and guidelines.
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center.
- Stay up to date with communication via the When I Work application.
- Attend all scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired. Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions.
- Reliability: Able to perform job duties to standard independent of supervision.
- Responsibility: Able to take ownership of work performed by applying initiative, staying organized, having attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Professionalism: Able to react calmly and effectively in all situations.
Fitness Floor Responsibilities:
- Cleaning is a priority. Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance as required.
- Monitor and enforce mask-mandatory periods.
- Track and check in Fitness Floor participants.
- Move and organize equipment.
- Learn how to operate fitness machines and equipment in order to provide orientations.
Fitness Desk Responsibilities:
- Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner. Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing.
- Handle all incoming calls with the proper greeting. Balance phone customer service with in-person customer service.
- Handle emergencies within the building quickly and efficiently - have thorough knowledge of the JCC Manual for Emergency Planning and Crisis Management.
- Check for non-member, and staff entry forms, as well as take provide temperature checks for all staff
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 pounds)
- High school diploma or GED preferred (College education a plus).
- CPR/AED certified prior to hire (First Aid certification a plus).
- Fitness/Sports/Wellness/Health experience or schoolwork required (College coursework in health, sport, or exercise sciences a plus, trainer/fitness instructor certification a plus).
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
It is expected that the Fitness Center Associate will be a team player as part of the JCC Professional Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may change as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.