Location and Job Title:
Part-Time Staff Accountant
JCC of Central NJ
1391 Martine Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
The Staff Accountant will perform bookkeeping and accounting assignments including posting accruals, revenue recognition, and credit card entries. The Staff Accountant will also record daily subsidiary transactions produced by the agency's receipting systems as well as our bi-monthly payroll entries. The Staff Accountant be responsible for reconciling bank and balance sheet accounts monthly. This position is overtime non-exempt and is expected to work 20 - 25 hours per week. During our busy summer season, more hours may be needed accordingly.
- Post journal entries to the general ledger maintained in QuickBooks
- Upload subsidiary entries
- Enter credit card transactions from bank feed into QuickBooks
- Record prepaid expenses and accrued revenue.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with other staff in various agency departments
- Ability to think creatively, and identify and offer solutions to issues that arise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of accounting systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree or working towards BS in Accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
25,000 - 35,000
The JCC of Central NJ is a non-profit agency which offers educational, recreational, fitness & wellness, cultural and communal programs and activities for all stages of life, from children to senior adults.